King & Queen Competition
|2019 K&Q Races / King & Queen Results / Runner Requirements / Race Requirements|
K&Q Runner Requirements
- You must be a SFTC member and 15 years old as of 12/31 of the competition year to participate in the King & Queen competition.
- Participants must be SFTC members on race day for a particular race to count towards their 2016 K&Q score.
- All SFTC members are automatically entered in the competition.
- To qualify for awards, you must run at least six K&Q Races which total at least 25 miles and earn at least five Volunteer Service Points as defined in the Volunteer Point Rules. Four of the five volunteer points must be earned by volunteering at races, except if the points were earned from an SFTC job, then all of five required points may come from this source.
- Points must be earned on or before the last King & Queen race of the season.
All races are age-graded and 10K-normalized using factors published by World Masters Athletics (formerly World Association of Veteran Athletes). Your score is the average age-graded time of your best 6 races which total at least 25 miles. If your 6 fastest races are less than 25 miles, then your other longer K&Q races will be substituted in place of shorter races until your 6 scored races total at least 25 miles.
Further details on how K&Q scoring is done can be found in Earl Brown's article: How King and Queen Race Results are Calculated.
Awards are presented at the annual SFTC Awards Banquet in January.
2 special awards (Mr. and Ms. Mileage) will be given to the runners who log the most K&Q race mileage over the season.
Male/female awards will be given to the top 3 overall. There will be no masters or grandmasters awards.
There will also be 3-deep male/female age group awards, (15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75- 80, 85 & up).
Age groupings are based on a runner's age as of December 31 for the competition year.