SFTC Trail Series Competition
2023 Current Standings
Join us for an exciting season of running some of the most challenging, beautiful, and FUN trails east of the Rockies! Best of all, it's FREE!!! All you have to do is become a State of Franklin Track Club Member and email your name and birth date to the Trail Race Coordinator, Carissa Chambers Garland, at email@example.com, before the first race you run. Awards are presented at the SFTC banquet in January.
Rules & Scoring
- Runners must be SFTC members on race day for a particular race to count towards their Trail Series score.
- The runner's age group for the year will be determined by their age on the first race they run for the season.
- There are 6 age groups: Youth (0 -19), Open (20 – 39), Masters (40 – 49), Grandmasters (50 – 59), Senior Grandmasters (60 – 69), and Veterans (70 and Over) for both men and women.
- Runners compete within their age category. A 55 year old will not be able to bump a Masters or Open runner.
- Scoring is within each category where 1st place = 30 pts, 2nd = 28 pts, 3rd = 26 pts, 4th = 24 pts, 5th = 22 pts, 6th = 20 pts. Placings 7 through 26 get points in decreasing order from 19 to 1 respectively. This method is similar to the Tennessee State Parks Running Tour.
- A runner qualifies for the series by running a minimum of 4 of the races.
- If there is a tie, the runner with the most races will win. If both runners have the same number of races it stays a tie.
- Awards are presented to the top three scores in each age group.
- Everyone running 5 or more races will qualify for a special participation award.
- Each runner must also earn 5 volunteer points through the season to qualify for any Trail Series award.
- Virtual races do not count for the Trail Series.
- Bays Mountain 15 mile ("RTT")
- Bear Track ("BT")
- Bridge & Trestle ("B&T")
- Chasing the Red Fox #1 ("CF1")
- Chasing the Red Fox #2 ("CF2")
- Clinch River 5.5k ("CR")
- Fit Farmer ("FF")
- Iron Mountain 16 Miler ("IM-16")
- Laurel Run Ascent ("LR")
- Mountain Fork Half Marathon ("MF")
- Cloudsplitter 25k ("CS")
- Run the Tunnel ("RTT")
- Wolf Run ("WR")
* The Iron Mountain Trail Run consists of 16, 30 and 50 mile races. Only the 16 mile race is part of the Trail Series. This race fills up quickly so don't delay in submitting your entry if you want to run!
Check the Event Calendar for details of all these races.
Previous Years Competitions
2022 Final Standings | 2021 Final Standings | 2019 Final Standings | 2018 Final Standings | 2017 Final Standings | 2016 Final Standings | 2015 Final Standings | 2014 Final Standings | 2013 Final Standings | 2012 Final Standings | 2011 Final Standings | 2010 Final Standings | 2009 Final Standings